Heart of the Valley, is a private 501(c)(3) non-profit animal shelter located in Bozeman serving the Gallatin and Madison Counties including Bozeman, Belgrade, Manhattan, Three Forks, Big Sky, and West Yellowstone.
Every contribution to HOV we receive goes to critical expenses such as shelter, spay-neuter operations, food, medical treatments, vaccinations, and a caring staff for the thousands of lost and homeless animals at the shelter. Your donation will help to create a second chance for the animals at Heart of the Valley Animal Shelter. Please know that your generosity is deeply appreciated. We are happy to count you among our valued community of supporters.
Heart of the Valley does not sell, rent, exchange or otherwise release information about its donors or customers.
Our Federal Tax ID Number 23-7375919
Your donations are always appreciated at the shelter! Donated items may be brought to the shelter any day between 11:30am and 5:30pm. If you have an “in-kind” donation, i.e., any goods or services, but are not certain whether the shelter can accept it, please contact our front desk (406) 388-9399.
Click here to purchase items from our Amazon wish list. Items purchased from our Amazon list are shipped directly to the shelter!
- Powdered laundry detergent
- Paper towels
- One gallon freezer and sandwich (pint) ziploc bags
- Toilet paper
- Liquid Bleach (non-scented)
- Kirkland brand Nitrile Exam Gloves, size Small, Medium, Large
- Unscented dryer sheets
- Royal Canin Feline Health Nutrition Mother & Baby Cat Dry Food
- Pate style canned cat food (any brand)
- Purina One Healthy Kitten
- Wildology Lamb and Rice for adult dogs (Purchased at Murdoch’s)
- Wildology Chicken and Rice for Puppies (Purchased at Murdoch’s)
- Hard plastic dog crates in working order; Size M, L, XL, XXL
- Nylon dog collars with buckle
- Martingale training Collars (All Sizes)
- Easy Walk harnesses (M, L, XL)
- Nylon cat collars
- Cat wand toys
- Kong stuff-it toys
- Soft dog training treats (do not currently need milk bones and rawhides)
- Cat trees (in good condition)
- Gift cards to Pet Supply stores
- Kirkland brand (Costco) Lamb and Rice Dog Food (green bag), Kirkland brand cat food (purple bag) or gift cards to Costco to purchase cat and dog food
- Murdoch’s gift cards to purchase cat litter.
- Grooming Clippers and Blades
- Children’s craft supplies (various)
- Copy Paper
- Forever stamps
- Black Wet Erase Markers (Fine and Ultra Fine)
- Trash bags
- Gift Cards to Home Supply Stores
- Poop Scoops
- Weed control lawn fertilizer, such as Scott’s Turf Builder
- Plastic tree wraps
- Bags of mulch
- Assorted Gardening Tools: hoes, shovels, rakes, etc.
HOV NO LONGER ACCEPTS
- Cat trees that are broken, shredded or stained
- Stained dog beds
- Cat beds with stuffing
- Broken crates
- Blankets with holes
- Diabetic Insulin Needles
Thank you to these Bozeman, Belgrade, Ennis, West Yellowstone, and Big Sky businesses for having an HOV animal donation bank by their registers! Your spare change makes a huge difference in the lives of our animals!
If you feel this list is incomplete or you want an animal bank at your business please contact Callie at 404-3070.
Anyone who owns a passenger car, pickup, van, sport utility vehicle, motor home, large truck, bus or trailer that is registered in Montana may choose to display a license plate sponsored by Heart of the Valley. There is no special process to apply for or renew most sponsored plates. The county treasurer issues or renews the plates when you pay the applicable vehicle registration fees and any special license plate fees.