4 Ways to Help 4 Legged Friends
Rescues, Adoptions & Shelter Life
- Purchase quality food and equipment to keep shelter pets healthy and enrich their lives.
- Provide highly-trained staff to care for, socialize and evaluate incoming shelter pets.
- Keep our building and grounds in top shape and make improvements to sustain our mission.
Preventing Animal Cruelty
- Fund childrens’ programs that teach compassion. Early education yields life-long benefits.
- Support Pet Pal’s Summer Day Camp Scholarship Fund for lower income participants.
- Fund community presentations and in-house education on responsible pet care, behavioral consults and obedience training.
- Conduct media campaigns to educate the public about issues such as hoarding, inadequate shelter, and pet overpopulation.
- Offer emergency medical care to dogs and cats that need immediate treatment upon arrival at the shelter.
- Provide funding for cats and dogs that require operations (ACL, amputation, tumor removal to improve their quality of life and adoptability.)
- Run a shelter-based Spay and Neuter program.
- Fund continuing education for shelter veterinary staff.
Best Friends Forever Endowment
- Contribute toward the goal of establishing a $5 million endowment.
- When fully funded, the Endowment will cover 20% of the shelter’s annual expenses for the foreseeable future.
- Ensures the future financial sustainability of the organization.
Each gift helps us find forever homes for the lost and abandoned animals of your community. THANK YOU for supporting Heart of the Valley!